Saturday, February 1, 2014

Touchdown, Sweetie Pie! #PuppyBowl

Tomorrow is a big day: It's Puppy Bowl Sunday!

If you've never watched it, the Puppy Bowl is one of the cutest things you'll ever see. The pups romp and play on a miniature football field for a couple of hours. Some of them play with the toys, others wrestle or just wander around aimlessly. Or lie down and take a nap in the middle of the melee. As I understand the rules, a touchdown is called if a pup wanders into the end zone with a toy in it's mouth. That's why the Puppy Bowl is the only place you'll hear an announcer call out "Touchdown, Sweetie Pie!"

I had a chance to view the whole thing a couple of years ago and chuckled to myself the whole time. So for your viewing enjoyment, here's a video of Puppy Bowl IX: A Year of Excessive Cuteness, courtesy of Animal Planet and YouTube:



Since I'll be at the house without cable TV on Sunday, I'll probably be watching that other game, you know, the one with the human players that must not named unless you've been blessed by the football gods. Though I do want to hear Renee Fleming sing the Star Spangled Banner.

But if I had my druthers, I'd rather be watching the Puppy Bowl.

What will you be watching and why?

Linda

No comments: