I've Been Tagged by fellow blogger,Deborah Dale for a meme. (In case you're wondering, Wikipedia defines a meme as "any unit of cultural information, such as a practice or idea, that gets transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another". In this case, a blog template that gets passed from blogger to blogger.
So, here are six random things you may not know about me:
1. I like beer better than wine - practically heresy for a Californian! (I like to joke that I'm not half-German and half-Irish for nothing.)
2. While on a college trip to Mexico, many years ago, a friend and I climbed to the top of the Caracol at Chichen Itza. (pictured here) I'd forgotten how many steps there were just to get to the dome. We climbed up a little wooden ladder and crawled through the dome to the top. The view from up there was great, but I'll bet they don't let tourists do that any more.
3. On a trip to Australia, a friend took me on a camping tour of Tasmania, complete with a mad flight from a bush fire. Such adventures in my youth.
4. I love to dance. In high school I took lessons in Scottish dancing. I wasn't good enough to compete, but it was fun. After college, I joined other folk dancing groups and learned to love Greek and Balkan line dances. It was good, clean fun and great exercise.
5. I've decided that life without chocolate isn't worth living.
6. I'm extremely near-sighted and got my first pair of glasses in fourth grade.
Here are the rules of the meme:
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
OK, now I'm supposed to tag six people. Unfortunately, I don't know all that many bloggers yet. I tag:
Sandy Levin http://peacefulheartstainedglass.com/phsg-blog/
Beth Yarnell http://bethyarnall.wordpress.com/
Lacey Savage http://laceysavage.blogspot.com/ who hasn't updated her blog since April 21st!
Catherine Snodgrass http://guesswhatnews.blogspot.com/ who is going to kill me!
Cindy Proctor-King http://www.museinterrupted.com
Carolina Valdez http://www.carolina-valdez.blogspot.com/
If any of you have already been tagged by someone else, let me know and I'll let you off the hook.