Friday, May 23, 2008

Wacky May Weather

It rained in Southern California yesterday. I mean, it really rained, as in poured. Big fat raindrops beating on the roof of the house and thunder in the distance. There were mudslides in some of the canyon areas, some areas had hail, and others had tornadoes!

This may sound like normal spring weather to some of you, but it's not at all normal for this area. In a normal year most of our rain falls in the winter, typically in the month of February. If we get any rain at all in May, it's a tiny bit of drizzle. On Wednesday the forecast was at 20% chance of rain, not a deluge.

I'm not complaining, in fact, I love rain. It's good for the plants and it makes everything green. I was just so surprised, I opened the door, turned the digital camera on video and let it run for 30 seconds so I'd have proof.

Linda

No comments: