Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Town Monday: Fisherman's Restaurant in San Clemente

In keeping with my last blog, I'm slacking off a little, so this will be a short post without any historical background.

Last week my husband and I went down to the San Clemente pier and wandered around. It was a warm spring evening, but a week night, so the beach was pretty deserted, though there were surfers in the water. We decided eat to dinner at the Fisherman's Restaurant in San Clemente. The restaurant and bar have been a fixture on the pier since 1981 and is often crowded with locals and tourists. We chose to sit inside even though the view is better outside.

During the off season (from Labor Day through mid-June, they offer Sunset Dinners Monday through Friday from 4-6PM for $14.75, a real bargain. We had a delicious meal of mahi mahi, roasted potatoes and veggies, plus salad, sourdough bread and ice cream or sherbet for dessert. We'd eaten light lunches, knowing we were going to pig out for dinner. The food was delicious and the setting can't be beat.

I took some photos of the area before and after and uploaded them to Picasa so I could embed a slide show here.. The sunset pictures are from a visit to the pier last August.

Linda



My Town Monday comes to us via Travis Erwin, http://traviserwin.blogspot.com/. Thanks, Travis! Click on his site to read his latest post and find links to the other participants.

8 comments:

Terrie Farley Moran said...

What a lovely dinner setting.

Thanks for a great slide show.

Terrie

pattinase (abbott) said...

What a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Linda! They make me want to be there. We sometimes enjoy outside dining by the water here. It's such a rare treat for us to get lucky enough where our evening out isn't a rainy one. LOL. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. Thanks for sharing!
~Debbie

debra said...

Great place for dinner, Linda.

Travis Erwin said...

I love Mahi Mahi. How's the fishing in the area?

Linda McLaughlin said...

Debbie, I wish you could send some rain our way. Things are drying out pretty fast here.

Travis, fishing in the area isn't what it used to be, mostly because of mercury levels in the fish. I love swordfish, but I'm afraid to eat it any more.

Linda

Barrie said...

This restaurant sounds great. I love mahi mahi. And sunset dinner prices!

Linda McLaughlin said...

Of course, this time of year 4-6 misses sunset by a couple of hours, but I love the lower prices.

Linda